Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008 Books

It's time to start a new list for 2008. Books are also rated (1= lowest, 10= highest) and if you see something you like feel free to ask me to borrow it. If I own a copy, I am always happy to lend it.

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath 7
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 7
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 7
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson 7
The Queen's Fool by Phillipa Gregory 8
The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton 9
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett 5
Joshua by Joseph Girzone 5
Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks 7
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 10
Atonement by Ian McEwan 9
The Cement Garden by Ian McEwan 4
Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott 7
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 6
The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar 8
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks 6
Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez 4
Persuasion by Jane Austin 9
The Road by Cormac McCarthy 7
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro 5
A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis 8
Summer by Edith Wharton 9
The Beautiful Fight by Gary Thomas 10
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon 8
Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich 3
Drowning Ruth by Christina Swartz 8
Adrift by Steven Callahan 9
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd 4
This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti 7
Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison 8
Devil in the White City by Erik Larson 7
Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie 4
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer 8
Desperate Passage by Ethan Rarick 7
The Preservationist by David Maine 8
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith 7
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons 5
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier 10
Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak 9
The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard 3
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 9
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton 8
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut 8
The Shack by William Young 7
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult 8
Second Glance by Jodie Picoult 6
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Edwards 6
My Hitch in Hell by Tenney 8
My Cousin Rachel by Du Maurier 8
A Mercy by Toni Morrison 7
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 6
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer 6
For the Tough Times by Max Lucado 6



2 comments:

Quad Squad! said...

Oooo, The Bell Jar! I haven't read that since 10th grade, but I remember enjoying it. It probably appealed to my teenage-woe-is-me side. I'll bet you didn't know I had one of those! Ha ha! I'd be interested to know your opinion of Water for Elephants. I've been considering suggesting it for book club.

Irene said...

*sigh* The Kite Runner. Such a good book. Tough but precious all at the same time. I've been considering re-reading or at least started A Thousand Splendid Suns. You read WAY faster than I do.

Glad to hear about Nate's first hunting trip and that I'm not the only who married a Campbell who would give that speech. ;D James has yet to go hunting, but has been asking for many years. He did shoot cans with the cousins a few years back under Uncle Paul's supervision.