Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Laws of Nature

Some things can always be counted on to work a certain way. Gravity, energy, etc. I have actually discovered another law of nature. It turns out that for every one thing I clean or put away, the children get two other things dirty or strewn about the floor.
This is why my house will never look clean. One room may look great, but that would mean two other rooms have been ravaged by the kids while I was working on the first. This was illustrated perfectly yesterday as I busied myself picking up toys from the floor, only to turn and see Nate scattering newspaper from the recycling basket all over the dining room. As I turn to address the newspaper problem, Ava is spilling crackers on the couch and Nate has moved on to coloring on the wall. By the time I can address those two things, four additional messes will have been made! It spirals out of control. One day I will post a photo of what our living room (actually any room of our house) looks like at the end of the day. I think some of you would be shocked. Not those of you with kids though, because you know. You know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW!! Boy, do I know!

- Amberly