Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ava spills the beans

Whenever I let Ava help with the wrapping of a gift for Cody, I am taking a huge risk that she will inadvertently tell him what the gift is before he can open it. Bless her heart, she just can't help it. When she was younger, she didn't even try to keep it a secret. Now she does try, with limited success. We wrapped 4 small gifts for Cody for Father's Day (one from each of us), and the special one she chose to give was the wallet. We wrapped them Saturday to give maximum advantage for secret keeping. She did last about 6 hours. She kept pointing to the pile of gifts saying "You're going to have a surprise tomorrow, Daddy!" Then Cody told me that one time while I was out of the house she pointed to it and said, "We are giving you a new wallet..." then she got a sudden pained look on her face and changed mid-sentence to, "You are getting a surprise tomorrow, Daddy." Oh I wish I could have seen it!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

She is so sweet!