Friday, September 14, 2007

Nate's Art

All by himself, Nate drew lines across a sheet of paper. Then he used different colors to fill in the shapes those lines had formed. I watched, mouth agape, totally impressed. I felt as if I were in the presence of greatness. Seriously, I've seen famous art that consisted of much less than this. One day, the history books will be telling how he began his art at age 2.

Nate's Lines and Shapes, 2007

It bears a striking resemblance, I believe, to a famous 20th Century artist's work...

Piet Mondrian's Composition A, 1923

7 comments:

Dara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quad Squad! said...

I'm pretty impressed too! I've never seen another 2-year-old that colored like that!

Stephanie said...

Wow! That's amazing! I had to study Mondrian in high school, and i got to see some of his art in New York. Pretty interesting!

Carolyn said...

professional opinion...GIFTED!

Anonymous said...

no, Nate's is better than the famous artist's!

Brooke said...

That really is good work.

Elizabeth Mai said...

i'm totally impressed. Beautiful work. You should frame it and display it somewhere!:)