Sunday, October 7, 2007

Number 2


It's just darn cute to see a toddler vastly over-estimate their own strength. That's why this photo of Ava taken in October of 2004 is one of my all-time favorites. But I must admit the secret behind this photo. She is not really trying to pick up the enormous pumpkin. She is simply reacting to the direction I gave her to "hug the pumpkin." It only appears like she wants to lift the thing. That doesn't diminish the cute factor for me, though. I have a framed 5 by 7 of this photo in my living room. This pumpkin patch at the Methodist church really is one of the best I've ever seen. Look at it folks, pumpkins as big as your 18 month old! I can't wait to take the kids there this year and get more pictures!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I have to agree - that church does have the best pumpkin patch I've ever been to in the D/FW area. And, if I remember correctly (my former neighbor in Richardson attends that church), all the proceeds go to their mission work. So, not only is it a great photo op for the kiddos, but the money is also used for a good cause.

Becky, there is a little girl in Nick's school that reminds me SO much of Ava. She is from India, but she has the same short, curly hair & Ava's mouth. So cute!

Unknown said...

So cute! This is a good one!