Thursday, January 3, 2008

Losing Things

I am one of the many people that HATE losing things. It absolutely drives me crazy to have to search all over the house for something that I must find. It's a waste of time, a stressful feeling, and makes me feel like an idiot for losing it in the first place. This morning, the missing item is a library book. A teeny tiny library book that could be anywhere in our entire house. I have to say that so far my record regarding library books has been exemplary. I have never lost a book, and usually I don't even have to search long to round them all up when we head back to return them. Then something like this happens and messes up my perfect streak. I have not admitted defeat yet. I still have time to find it. But it is going to bug me to death until I do.

This reminds me of another humbling experience I had the other day. I was cooking several dishes, including Cody's favorite- buttermilk pie. I turned to Cody and said, "You know, Honey, not every woman can cook. You sure are lucky to have a wife that can make delicious food for you." And then over the next 2 hours everything I was making was ruined in some way. None of it cooked right. The pie ended up having to be thrown away. Apparently, I belonged in the "women who can't cook" category after all. Pride comes before the fall, I guess.
I am going to make that pie again today, by the way. And dadgummit if I am not going to beat that thing. I don't lose to a pie.

And, I will find that library book.

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

I lost two things recently. A ring off my pinky that I bought in Hawaii and a Christmas Watch.
Steve found the watch out in the garage. Must have come off when I was unloading the trunk. Unfortunatley I had run over it with the car and broke the Crystal and ruined the time mechanism. Still have no idea where the ring came off, but am hoping it will eventually show up somewhere :)