Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm just now getting around to posting this little gem that Ava wrote for me on Mother's Day.

"I wrote a biography about my mom for Mother's Day. Her name is Rebecca. Becky for short. When she was little, she looked a lot like me. I think her favorite color was pink. When she was young, she used to be a music teacher. Now she is married and is a mother with 3 kids. Now she likes green and loves Mexican food. I love my mom!!!"

I guess I need to teach her spell Rebekah, but she's spot on with everything else. She also drew a picture of me and wrote a few facts around it like...

"She has brown eyes."
"She goes to church."
"She was born in the year of the dragon."
"She loves to read."

Again, completely accurate. The girl knows me.

And finally, there was also a page where she had to complete the sentence "I just want you to know..." This is how she finished it:

"I just want you to know...I love my mom because I think she is beautiful and I just love her. She makes my world a better place. I love her!"

Well, Ava makes my world a better place, too. I'm so thankful to be her mom!

No comments: