Thursday, June 10, 2010

Running Update

I haven't specifically blogged about running for a while, so here's what's been going on with that.
First of all, I weighed yesterday and realized I have lost an additional 5 pounds. Put that with my previous loss for a total of 10 pounds in only 2 1/2 months of running. I haven't lost weight like this since I birthed Lucas. In fact, I had been steadily gaining weight since about a year after Lucas was born. I feel great. I can actually see the difference in the shape of my waist and of course my clothes are fitting much better. I had been dreading summer (for many reasons, but one of which was because of the more revealing clothing), but this has made wearing summer clothes much more fun and less depressing!

I've still been trying to get in 3 (or more) runs per week. I missed that goal one week because of Cody's crazy work schedule, but otherwise have been getting to the treadmill. I love treadmill running, but I am going to try and do at least one outdoor run per week as well. As it continues to heat up out there, it may not be feasible for me. We'll see.

My time has decreased some since I last wrote. I've been able to run a little bit faster and have brought my time down to about 12 1/2 minutes per mile. I really don't see how people run 10 minute miles (or less- sheesh!). I may never get there, and that's okay. I am happy with my 12 1/2 minute mile. When I think about where I started at the end of March, it's pretty amazing I have come this far.

My second 5K is Saturday, and I hope to do a few more in the fall. I have a slight desire to try a 10K this fall, but I definitely need to spend some time adding distance to my training. I enjoy running a little bit more all the time. It has really grown on me. I miss running if I go a few days without it. My friend Karen says I am officially hooked. I think she's right.

No comments: