Saturday, March 5, 2011

Special Plate



I've wanted one of these for years and I finally made one last weekend. I hear people talking all the time about having a "special plate" that family members occasionally get to use in order to celebrate birthdays or special achievements. Now our family has an original work of art, made by mom- no less, to be used at dinner to bestow honor and create a festive atmosphere. I picked it up from the pottery painting place this afternoon and we already got to use it tonight! Cody ate pizza off of it at dinner in celebration of running his first ever 5k race today. (He had a fabulous time by the way, WELL under 30 minutes though we don't know the official time yet.).

Ava and I had so much fun painting pottery together last weekend. She made an adorable cupcake that has a lid and a base. I love spending time with her. She is just so smart, and beautiful, and refreshing. I don't know how to say it, but she has this enormous...goodness...inside of her that shines out radiantly. What could I call it besides "goodness?". Maybe hope, purity, potential, love, and kindness all rolled together. I don't mean to babble. It's obviously difficult to put into words, but most people probably understand what I mean.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Becky - the plate is awesome! Love that is was made with love. And what you said about Ava was so beautiful. I totally get what you were saying. Yeah for Cody! Glad you had a special plate to celebrate his accomplishment. Love to your sweet family.