Sunday, March 27, 2011

Surprise Trip

The in-laws volunteered to keep the kids overnight on Friday so Cody offered to plan a fun evening out for us. I gladly stayed in the dark and looked forward to whatever plans he arranged. And wow did he deliver! I thought he might get nice dinner reservations or tickets to something in town, but he went all out and came up with the most clever and fun idea. He told me to pack an overnight bag and we left about 4 PM Friday afternoon.

Our first stop was Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes in Decatur.

Relative to the Babe's Chicken Dinner House franchise, Sweetie Pies has a claim to fame all its own: delicious steaks, a famous baked potato that is boiled in rosin to make it extra fluffy, and yummy apricot fried pies for dessert. My filet mignon was a perfectly grilled medium and my baked potato seemed to go on forever. It was a perfect dinner and the perfect start to my mystery get-away...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

We've eaten here...it's about 20 minutes from my parent's house in Paradise. The food is wonderful!