Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Squash Soup

The harvest is beginning and soon I and plenty of other folks will have summer squash coming out our ears. Seriously, squash plants produce so much...how is it possible? So, even though I am not a huge fan of making soup in the hot summer months, I tried a soup recipe that uses yellow crookneck squash. Cody loved it. I liked it. It's simple, and some of you may want to give it a try.

I found it on allrecipes.com. Summer Squash Soup. By the way, I halved it and it made plenty. I also subbed basil for the tarragon.

This reminds me about a big discussion Cody and I had last week about fruits and vegetables. We finally did some research and found out that almost all the vegetables we eat are really fruits. Vegetables are only the stalk, root, or leaves of a plant. Anything that is produced by the reproductive area of plants is technically a fruit: squash, eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, okra, etc. So there's some food for thought.

No comments: