Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Turning 35

Surprise photo email from my kids first thing in the morning
Homemade blueberry muffins (thanks, Cody)
Special, thoughtful gifts that I will cherish
The best homemade cards ever
Reading all morning on the beach
Shell hunting walk with Nate
Relaxing, restfull conversation all afternoon
Dinner out at a fabulous cafe
Homemade coconut cream pie (thanks, Carol)
Foot massage
Curling up on the couch with another good book

Another year of life. 365 days of experiences, painful and joyful, tucked away in my heart. God has blessed me with much more than I deserve and is opening my heart to his love in new ways. I look forward to growing in his love over the next 365 days.

"All the good you will do will not come from you but from the fact that you have allowed yourself, in the obedience of faith, to be used by God's love. Think of this more and gradually you will be free from the need to prove yourself and you can be more open to the power that will work through you without your knowing it." -Thomas Merton

No comments: