Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yum!

What does one do when there are a dozen beautiful eggplants hanging in the backyard garden?

One hopes for a super smart creative husband who takes the initiative to pick a couple, slice them up, dip them in egg mixture and panko, fry them to a golden brown, and serve them with the most delicious ranch dressing in the world.

I'm now addicted to fried eggplant. And I am also addicted to Brianna's buttermilk ranch dressing that a friend of mine gave us last week. Seriously, I could drink the stuff.



Just in case you are wanting to make this yummy treat, here is the recipe Cody uses.
1 egg whisked with 1/3 cup cornstarch and a pinch of salt
panko (Japanese bread crumbs)

Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch slices. Dip in egg mixture then bread crumbs. Fry in canola oil for about 3-4 minutes per side. Cody peels the eggplant first, but I forgot to do that when I made some the other night and took the above photo. I don't mind the skin, but some might prefer it without.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, wow...those look so good!