Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baby Afghan

I'm going to be an aunt again in February (my brother's first baby!) My excitement over this news teamed up with my excitement about crocheting to produce this adorable little baby afghan. I had to make it yellow because those 2 stinkers are not finding out the gender before the baby is born. But that's okay. Yellow is beautiful, and everybody likes a little mystery.

The above photo was on the Lion Brand website where I found the pattern. It uses a thick, soft, almost cord-like yarn that is easy to wash and dry. And the stitch is quick and easy to do. I had a lot of fun working on this especially knowing my little niece or nephew would be wrapped up in it sometime. In fact, I am secretly hoping this becomes The Blankie that the baby prefers and loves and must carry everywhere in order for anyone to get a good night's sleep. We will see if my dream comes true.
Here is what my finished product looks like. Look at the cute little edging around it. I love this edging. As I was making that stitch and seeing the edging form I called Cody over to look at it. He wasn't nearly as excited about it as I thought it warranted. I mean, that edging is super cute! He merely noted it and went about his business, so I called him back over a few minutes later in hopes he would show a bit more awe. I finally gave up and called a girlfriend of mine who also crochets. She and I were able to gush appropriately over the cuteness of the edging.
I'm looking forward to meeting the sweet little one who will be wrapped in this blanket in a few months.

3 comments:

Carol said...

now that is one CUTE edging! have not seen anything like it and it really adds a nice touch. sometimes crocheted (or knitted) items don't have an edging and this really finishes it off! am guessing it was part of the pattern. one blessed baby!

Rachel said...

Oh, my goodness! That blanket is awesome! And the edging IS cute! Great job...homemade gifts are the BEST!

Lauren C. said...

Ha! I forgot that your brother is having a baby, so for a split second after I read that you were going to be an aunt again, I got nervous and thought "I'm not pregnant...am I?" I'm crazy, I know.

I love your blanket...it is beautiful!