Monday, January 30, 2012

Birthday Girl

9 years ago today, the most precious little girl was added to our family.

I certainly don't deserve to have something so precious in my care, and I haven't always done the best job as "mom." In fact, the past few years I was closed off and irritable in many ways. But thankfully, because of the healing God has done in my heart over the past year, Ava and I have reconnected on a very deep level. And I am thrilled that she shares her ideas, hopes, thoughts, and dreams with me. I am happy to be a safe place for her, and I am privileged to know her, to really know the inner her, because I can testify she has one of the most beautiful spirits I have ever experienced.

She brings me so much joy. I look at her loving heart, her creative and enthusiastic mind, and I marvel at the fact that I get a front row seat for her life! I love to watch her make her way in the world...I wince when she gets hurt, inwardly sing when she chooses well, ache to protect her from harm, and can't help but smile at the beauty she brings into the world.

This girl is something special. I know I'm biased, but seriously, ask anyone who knows her and I think they would tell you the same thing. She is a light, a refreshing stream, a jewel, a giggle, a joyful melody, a clear sky. I love her.

No comments: