Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Camp-Out

Guess what. Texas state parks are not very busy the week after Christmas. Though they are busier than I expected. I figured we'd be about the only ones out camping during the days between Christmas and New Year, but there were a handful of others with the same idea...and guts. It was a tad chilly the night we stayed in our tent. We had brought a space heater to try and take the edge off, but it was hard to tell it was even on. I think I only got about 2 hours of sleep because I was so cold!


Regardless of the cool nights, we had a great time on this trip. It was a spontaneous thing, and we found ourselves in a truly beautiful spot right next to the lake at Cooper Lake State Park. We had a campfire going almost non-stop, the kids ran all over the place exploring on foot, bikes, and scooters, we ate dozens of s'mores, I got to play around with my new camera equipment, and we just enjoyed hanging out together as a family.



I would have never expected to go camping in December, but it turned out to be a refreshing get-away.

No comments: