Saturday, April 14, 2012

Play Ball

It's our first ever season of baseball...a sport Nate has been interested in and wanting to try.

Here's my little slugger before the practice game today. There's something about a guy in uniform, am I right? A definite cuteness multiplier.
And here he is in the field. He played second, short stop, pitcher, and first base at various times today. He made some awesome stops, and even a few outs. I think I'm a little hoarse from cheering!
He only got one turn at bat, but it was a base hit and an RBI.
That grin is priceless. That grass stain, however, is not going to be fun. I admit, I was greedily eyeing the opposing team's black pants. How am I going to keep these white pants clean all season? Later he slid, adding a massive amount of dirt stain. Laundry tips will be accepted in the comments.
He played his heart out. His head and attention were in the game the whole time. I was so proud of him! It was thrilling to watch, and we talked about the highlights long after the game was over.

It's going to be a great season.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I understand your angst of white ball pants. I had to deal with them one year. Coaches even encouraged the t-ball players to slide into home!

Put some laundry soap on the stain and scrub material together. Make a paste if you use powder. Also using a pretreater, like Oxy-clean, after this but before the wash helps.

If there is stain left after the initial wash, soak the pants in water with your laundry detergent in it. About a gallon of water to one measure of soap. Then wash pants as normal.

Let me know if this works for you.