Friday, July 6, 2012

Nick of Time

I was expecting a Fed Ex package yesterday, one I would have to sign to receive.

That was no problem because I was taking care of my friend's kids so I had 5 children here from 8 AM to 4 PM and there was no way I'd load them all up and take them anywhere!  It would be a piece of cake for me to hang around and get my package.

However, after lunch the kids ran outside to play for a little while and I absentmindedly went out to the backyard for about 5 minutes to check on them.  I wasn't even thinking about the package at that point.

I watched them play for a few minutes, then called them all in because it was too hot.  We all walked into the house and 30 seconds later the doorbell rang.

It was my package.  I couldn't believe that my 5 minutes in the backyard almost, just almost cost me missing the sign for delivery package I was dying to get!  I can't even express how relieved I was that I had come in with 30 seconds to spare so I didn't miss the delivery.

So I am writing it down here because out of all the times I have just barely missed something, or things have just barely gone wrong, or I wish I had one more minute and it would have all been okay...I want to remember that every once and a while things do go right!

Are you wondering what's in the package...That package I was so adamant not to miss?

Just this $1600 camera lens.  No, I didn't shell out the big bucks for it.
I'm borrowing it from borrowlenses.com

My friend Rachel introduced me to this amazing website where one can borrow all kinds of camera equipment for days or weeks at a time.  I am so excited to try out this lens for a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Nice! I'm curious about your experience with the borrowed lens. I haven't ever done that but have been tempted to.

Christina said...

Have fun with it! I've borrowed once with them and everything went just perfectly! Hope your experience is the same!