Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Surprise

I haven't been able to post for a few days now because nothing seems very noteworthy or worth writing or thinking about in light of the recent tragedy our country has experienced.  Pretty much all I've done this weekend is have trouble sleeping and hug on my kids every chance I get.  I don't think they understand why mom is pouncing on them and breathing in the sweet scent of the tops of their heads so much.

Since I've been loving on my sweet kids so much this past weekend I thought I'd share a little something about Lucas.  This boy has been asking Santa for a "mini-motorcycle" for three years in a row now.  And he's only 5.  He's fascinated with motorcycles and has always wanted one of his own.  Of course, I didn't buy my 3 year old, or even 4 year old darling a motorcycle.  Instead, I usually told him nobody makes those, or Santa doesn't make those, or "look, there's something shiny!" in hopes of swaying his attention for a moment.  But Lucas is nothing if not persistent.  

At Cody's company Christmas party this year several people (including Santa) asked Lucas what he wanted and when he replied mini motorcycle, every single person poured cold water on his dreams in some form or fashion.  Adults naturally assume that we aren't getting our 5 year old a mini motorcycle, so they are trying to let him down easy, I guess.  Santa said he didn't think Lucas was old enough for that.  Several of Cody's co-workers encouraged him to think of something else to ask for.  I know how it is...I've been crushing his dream for a while now myself.

But guess what!  I'm going to let you all in on a big secret.  Are you sitting down?  You might want to sit down.  Because this year...Lucas is getting that mini motorcycle!  Oh yes he is!

TA DA!!!!

It's a Razor dirt bike M350.  It's an electric, rechargeable bike with a max speed of 12 or so mph.  Yes, we will make sure he wears a helmet and doesn't ride on the streets.  He is going to be thrilled.  THRILLED.

This baby will be waiting in the living room on Christmas morning, all shiny and new and ready to ride.  And my baby boy will experience the feeling of a dream coming true.  I'm smiling just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Casey has told me before that he vividly remembers the Christmas that his parents got him his motorized dirt bike. This will be a memory for Lucas...how fun!