Friday, December 28, 2012

Room Re-Do

I think I'm as excited as Ava about this.

For her 10th birthday we are re-doing her room!  Her room has always been somewhat of a hodgepodge of hand-me-down pieces, arranged by me with little to no input from her.  She did get to choose the color of her walls a few years ago when we moved into this house, but that's about it.  I hung an old quilt on her wall and threw stuffed animals onto shelves.  We found a dresser on the street for bulk pick-up and gave her one of my old nightstands.  Goodness, it sounds much worse than it really is.  Her current room doesn't look terrible, it just lacks cohesiveness.

But suddenly the idea of redoing her room sprung to my mind and when I asked her about it she enthusiastically said yes!  She and I have been pouring over websites getting ideas for the makeover, comparing bedding sets, thinking about wall art, etc.

So far things are coming along well.  In fact I'll give you a little sneak peak of the piece d' resistance...

Why yes, that is a zebra print futon!  It, along with several other things should arrive the first week of January.  We are clearing out her room and preparing to rearrange everything.  I will post before and after pictures soon and they are going to be pretty amazing!



1 comment:

Jenni said...

that sounds like so much fun! I'm going to be moving into my new house in about a month and I'm plotting and planning all the new fun decor I will get to implement.