Monday, April 29, 2013

The May Challenge

I'm not a big believer in daily exercise.  My goal is more like 3 times a week.

However, my reality has not been matching up with my goals lately, and because of that I have been adding a few pounds and not feeling very good about the fact that swimsuit season is weeks away.

So.....in order to give myself a goal that will really show some results, help jump start my way into feeling better and more energized, and get me bikini ready (haha) I am going to do a little challenge during the month of May.

I've decided to do 45 minutes of elliptical machine or jogging every single day in May.  Also, I am not going to skip any meals (my biggest weight loss weakness) while eating less sweets and wine.

Of course, I'm typing this while drinking a large glass of delicious Carmenere.  I didn't say it would be an easy challenge!  (And it's not May, yet..!)

But the reason I am blogging about it is because that will help me stick to the plan.  A little accountability never hurt anyone.  I really think I can exercise 31 days in a row.  In fact, I might even enjoy it.  Okay, let's not get carried away.  Sorry.

I'll let you know how it's going.  And feel free to ask about it.

By the way, this might be a great time to add that I am not going to get wrapped up in equating my value with a slim, fit body.  I have been down that road before and though it's still a struggle, I do not want to live there.  This is about jump-starting a more healthy routine that for some reason has been really hard for me to get going with over the past few months.  Kind of like forming a habit- or breaking one for that matter.  People say it takes 30 days.  I'm going to see if that's true or not.

Let the challenge begin!  (In 2 days...)  Now, where's my wine?

No comments: