Tuesday, July 2, 2013

France Part 8: Limeuil

The little town of Limeuil, located about 3 miles from Tremolat, has been voted one of the most beautiful villages in France.  It certainly was lovely.  The charming cottages and buildings cascade from the top of a hill all the way down to the bank of the river.  The bank of two rivers, I should say.  Two rivers meet here at Limeuil then join to flow together.


We took the above photo from within the public garden at the top of the hill.  It's a small arboretum which can be toured for a fee.  The next several photos were taken in this garden.

This is the "Witches Garden."  I had never seen a mirror in an arboretum before.  Pretty cool.


Another view from the gardens.  It was a cool, rainy morning.  We were trying to get through the garden tour before it really started to downpour, and we just made it.



I have no idea what was up with all the cats we saw in Limeuil.  It's as if all the cats in France have congregated in this tiny village.  They appear to be feral, but then again they approached us hoping to be petted.  This little orange cat acted like he owned the place.



Right next door to the city garden is this gem of a restaurant called Garden Party.  It's very small and cozy inside.  Two large windows were open to the cool air and breath-taking view of the valley.  I chose a decidedly non-French meal here of cheese tortellini, and I must say it was one of the best dishes I ate all week.


Halfway through our meal, other diners began making a stir and going to the windows.  There was a rainbow.  I went to the window and snapped a picture of it also.    Looking at the photo now, I can almost make out a double rainbow.


This photo means so much to me because the rainbow is jam-packed with significance regarding God's promises and love for us...for me.  This rainbow feels like a love note.  I can't explain how God's blessing on our marriage, his redemption, his love and care, and his peace can be so wrapped up all at once in such a simple symbol, but that's how I experienced it.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Beautiful photos. Love garden view from above.