Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Promise

OK, so the bad girls made me promise that I would post about this. Last night I ordered Chinese food for our meeting and I was so determined to use the chopsticks. I really tried. But it just was not working. I was stabbing at my food, and unable to get much rice at all. I asked the girls if I was doing it right but I think they were all too busy stuffing their faces to really notice. I gave up and used a fork. Then later as we sat around the living room talking, I saw that Amberly still had her chopsticks and that they were (GASP) separate! I had never broken my chopsticks apart and had been trying to use them when they were connected together at the top. When I confessed my surprise at Amberly's chopsticks the other girls couldn't believe I didn't know you were supposed to break the sticks apart before using. Yes, I am a chopstick novice. Much to the enjoyment (and ridicule) of my friends.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

SO FUNNY!!!! I am still enjoying a good laugh out of that!

Dara said...

Oh you know we couldn't enjoy a laugh like that without loving you so much! You are great fun, Becky!

Quad Squad! said...

Only you, Becky! This really makes me miss being around you all the time! So many memories have come back! I love you!

Lynn Leaming said...

Becky,
I was in Chinatown in San Fransisco the first time I tried chopsticks. I am eating when the next thing I know one of my sticks flips out of my hand and lands on a table near me. Talk about embarrassing! I have never tried them since. (maybe if I had not separated them, it would not have flew out of my hand :))