Friday, July 27, 2007

Avoiding

I'm blogging...instead of sweeping and vacuuming the house (which really needs to be done.)
It isn't an easy chore because:
1. We have the heaviest vacuum in the world. I keep it upstairs and do not want to drag it down the stairs just for the rugs and one carpeted bedroom down here.
2. We own a lightweight stick vacuum that does not work. It just moves the dirt and crumbs around, but does not pick them up.

Does anyone have a lightweight stick style vacuum that they love? One with some real suction power? Hmmm. What is everyone's least favorite household chore? Mine is probably ironing. That is why I never do it. So, I try to only buy clothes that don't need ironing. And if I do buy something that needs ironing, it most likely gets worn once- when it's brand new- and then after it is washed, hangs in the closet forever. I also dislike cleaning the bath tub.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

I despise cleaning the bathroom! Ironing is up there too. It's summer time - who wants to stand over an iron?

Kristi said...

I hate just about any type of housework! There are just so many other things that are much more fun!!

Heather said...

This post made me laugh because I am reading it while I am taking a break from cleaning. I decided I wanted to stop for a while before I vacuumed. I would have to say my least favorite household chore is laundry. It seems to always need to be done, and we don't even have kids!!

Lynn Leaming said...

I hate cleaning the toilet. Don't know why when it is just Steve and I? I don't mind loading the dishwasher, but don't like unloading it. I hate grocery shopping and doubly hate it at Walmart! Any other kind of shopping I enjoy way to much especially places like Kirklands or Garden Ridge.

Amberly said...

Oh man... where to start?? I'm like Kristi. I pretty much don't like cleaning at all!! But, I probably hate dusting more than anything. HATE IT!!!

carrie said...

I hate laundry because it NEVER ends. As soon as I think I am done, someone is changing clothes. I also hate that it is time consuming.

Quad Squad! said...

I hate cleaning the bathroom, especially the toilet. Everything about it grosses me out. I'll be glad when the kids are old enough that I can make them do it! Ha!

Lindsay said...

Ditto Amberly.

Anonymous said...

oh...cleaning is the worst....that's funny about the clothes that require dry cleaning....that's why i love to go to the cleaners :)

Dallas Monkey