Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sick

Ava and Nate have both had a nasty stomach bug for a few days now. Almost everyone I know has had a family member or two affected by this awful thing. It has been a crazy week with two kiddos that have "the throw-ups" as Ava likes to say. They both have been miserable, and Ava especially has had a hard time building back her strength. Since dinner Monday night, she has only had a small serving of potato soup, scrambled egg, jello, and crackers. That's it for the past 72 hours! Today she took two naps. After her afternoon nap she went to the bathroom and while she was washing her hands she started crying softly. I hugged her and asked, "What's wrong, honey?" She replied, "My hair looks terrible!"
I may be a bad mother, because that struck me as absolutely hilarious.
First of all, that is the first time ever my 4 1/2 year old daughter has seemed even remotely aware of whether or not her hair is "fixed." Secondly, it really did look terrible. It was all flattened out from laying on it for 3 days. So, I took her back into the bathroom and fixed her hair and chatted with her for a while and loved on her, and since then she has perked up considerably. You know, it was the kind of statement and emotional breakdown I would be likely to make if I were in her situation. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Here's hoping that they feel back to normal by morning and that Lucas does not catch it!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I sure hope that they are feeling better this morning!