Tuesday, November 20, 2007

5:45

I've decided Lucas will probably grow up to be a farmer, considering his love of early rising.
Dragging myself out of bed at these crazy early hours is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm just not a morning person. I love him and he is adorable, but I sure wish he could wait until at least 7 AM to greet the day. At least it's giving my will-power a work-out, as I force my eyes to open and my body to move from the comfort of my soft warm bed. And really, I am thankful I have a healthy baby boy to wake me up at "O-Dark Thirty" as my father-in-law likes to call it. Does anyone else use that phrase? I had never heard it before marrying into Cody's family.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never heard of that phrase either. One that my mother-in-law (and Casey) used was "be easy." They said it to kids instead of "be gentle." I had never heard it before but now I use it all the time.

Elaine said...

older generations of Willertons use "dark thirty" :)
they say "be easy" too
I love these kitchy phrases - its fun to compare them with people from different regions. I was just in New Hampshire and when you're sick you don't "call in" to work you "call out"

Stephanie said...

That is funny! I say dark thirty sometimes and don't think anything about it. It's something my parents said.

Supermom-In-Training said...

Lucas and JD must be on the same wavelength. JD has been getting us up somewhere between 4:30 and 6:00 since the time change. No matter how I adjust his naps or bedtime, it is always the same. I guess 7:00 wake ups are a thing of the past!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

When my daughter was in college, she started using the term "butt-crack of dawn." Maybe everyone else has heard it but it was new to me.