Monday, November 5, 2007

So Sick

Last week, we were all stuck in the house because Nate had a fever for 5 days and felt miserable. Today I got a call from Ava's school to come pick her up because she had a fever and was shivering with the chills. Oh, man! I have a feeling we will be stuck at home this whole week also if she has what Nate had. She feels so horrible. How do I know? Because the girl didn't touch her Sonic lunch and fell asleep at 12:30 for a 2 hour nap. Ava lives for Sonic, the best food in the universe according to her opinion. And before today, she hadn't napped in about a year. She took another nap at 4:30, and then begged to go to bed at 7 PM. I hate to see my kids feeling so sick and achy and awful.

In other, completely unrelated news, I made a delicious chicken and rice salad tonight thanks to the recipe Dara posted on the B.A.D. Girls Recipe Blog. Cody even liked it, which is saying a lot since he doesn't usually go for chicken salads. And, I roasted acorn squash halves in the oven and lavishly covered them in butter and brown sugar. Too bad it's about 85 degrees outside, because acorn squash is more of a wintery thing. I should have waited until tomorrow night to make it since the temperature is dropping 20 degrees by then.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I am so sorry! I went through this last week with my family, as well. NOT fun! And, then, out of the blue, Sammy kept me up half the night Sunday night/early Monday morning shivering & shaking with a fever. He was cold & clammy, then burning up hot. He did this ALL through the night! It felt like our bed was vibrating because he was shivering so hard. Poor guy... instead of feeling sorry for him I got so mad that he kept me up all night! When I felt his hot forehead the next morning, I was overcome with guilt. Anyway, it was just a freak fever.

I sure hope your kiddos all get well very soon!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I wish the kids didn't feel so awful too. Hopefully you can stay well even if the rest of your family isn't! And Casey loves that recipe - he begs me to make it.

Dara said...

Sorry abou the family illnesses... it has already been a rough year with illnesses! Let's hope we got them all overwith early this year!

Glad you like the recipe! I love it also!!!!