Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Read and Share Review

I recently watched the Read and Share DVD Bible with my three kids. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I went into it with a completely blank slate. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful style of animation. It was so well done. There were several instances where it was especially artistic like during the creation or when many angels came to sing at Jesus' birth. It captured my attention as well as the kids'. There are thirteen short Bible stories from the Old and New Testament. It is laid out in a linear way so the Old Testament stories sometimes allude to the coming of Christ and then we see that Christ does come. The stories are Bible-accurate. All three of my kids aged 6, 4, and 2 watched the entire hour long DVD and seemed to enjoy it. In fact, they have asked to see it again. I like that the shows are not just fluff but true Bible stories that I want my children to know well. I think it's great for them to see the stories "come to life" in animation. This DVD reminds me of those children's Bibles with the pictures and short wordings on each page, except here it is in animation form and done even better than any children's Bible I've seen. I would recommend this to anyone with preschool-1st or 2nd grade age kids.

No comments: