Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ava the Author

Ava has several blank journals scattered about the house where she writes all kinds of things. She loves to make lists, write down song lyrics, and record recipes for food in Webkinz World among other things.  She also likes to write short stories, which always give me the biggest thrill to read.  I am not positive how much of the plots she has heard from various places, or if she makes it up entirely on her own.  But I think many of her stories are full of her original ideas (even if certain phrases are taken from things she has heard before), and they are pretty good. Here is one I stumbled upon tonight while leafing through one of her journals.

The Story of How You Came to Me

it was a dark and stormy night when the tree's whisl and the moon howls.  I was camping in the wood's without you.  then something apeered.  it was shineing bright, and very nice.  it creeped tord me and said, "do not be afird."  it was you.  now and when you see your friend you can think about this story and how you came to me.  the end.

I left the spelling and punctuation as written.  I'm less than thrilled about the unnecessary apostrophes, but overall the grammar is pretty impressive for a six year old!

2 comments:

Carol said...

just read this blog entry to Don, Cord and Lauren. She never ceases to amaze us with her stories. Just wonder what was going through her mind.....and who she was thinking "you" actually was.

Quad Squad! said...

Wow! I think Ava really has a gift for writing! I seriously had high school students who couldn't write a story that good! I'm not kidding!