Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bill Check

I am feeling so proud of myself right now. I took all three kids to the dentist for a cleaning and check-up this morning. It all went fine, by the way. There might be one cavity between the three of them, but we won't know for sure until I take them back at a later date. (The dentist was away on a mission trip, but the hygienists were still at work.) Anyway, I was just looking over my bill from the morning and I saw that each child was charged for the cleaning and for a fluoride treatment. But, Lucas did not get a fluoride treatment. He was crying after the cleaning and we decided not to press any more trauma on him. So I was charged for something we did not receive. I called the office to report it, and they promptly removed that charge. I was told any credit because of it will be available to me on our next visit. (Although I assume if I didn't anticipate another visit I could go get my money back right away.) It was only $30, and I don't even pay all of that because of insurance. But, it felt good to spot the mistake and get it corrected. I have a feeling that this kind of thing happens all the time. So check your medical bills carefully! I have not always examined my bills very carefully, in fact, I don't know what made me look at it today. But, I am glad I did. And finding this mistake has motivated me to look over future bills more carefully as well.

No comments: