Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pile O' Books

I'm at an exciting point in life...I have a pile of books to read, and I am itching to read every one of them. I recall dreary days when no titles were catching my eye, and nothing sounded too great to me. Now I am having trouble squeezing in enough reading time to get through all these must-reads collecting dust as they wait their turn. Some of them are library books, so I really have to get cracking if I want to get them read before their due dates.
Here are some of the books in my "I can't wait to read this" pile.

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan- the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. These are not as wonderful as I was expecting, but still enjoyable reads. Not on par with the Harry Potter series, but entertaining and I am learning a lot about Greek mythology.

Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro- his latest release is a collection of stories, all incorporating music. As a music lover who enjoyed his book Never Let Me Go, I am intrigued.

What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell- another new release by a favorite author. I love Gladwells' quirky way of seeing the world. He writes about such interesting topics.

Marked: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast- recommended by a friend, the first of a series about vampires. Perhaps better than the Twilight series? We shall see. (Not that the Twilight series is too hard to beat.)

Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman- author of my favorite marriage enrichment book (Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work) so I am incredibly anxious to read what he has to say on this topic.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner- has very high reviews on Amazon and the premise of the book sounds so intriguing to me. I can't wait to read this one.

I am about to finish up our current book club choice- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall which is on a topic I knew little about and has been entertaining and enlightening. Any runner would LOVE this book- so I figured I'd toss it on the end of this list, too.

No comments: