Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Etsy

I think I'm going to have to form a support group for myself, a few of my friends (you know who you are, Rachel) and even my mom because we're addicted to etsy.com.

Etsy is Canton on the web. (Canton, for those who are wondering, is our monthly flea market/craft fair with stall after stall of goodies.) It's a hodgepodge of adorable and elegant homemade goods with tons of vintage/antique wares for sale as well. If it can be created out of fabric, wood, glass, beads, metal, etc...then it exists for sale on etsy. You could browse this site all day and never even see all the fabulous items.

My mom ordered some of the cutest hair bows I've ever seen from etsy and sent them to Ava for her birthday. I just ordered a beautiful fabric (with plush velvet backing) camera strap for my new SLR. My Christmas gift to my mom was a stunning necklace I found on etsy. Her gift to me was a elegant wreath. Etsy is providing no shortage of gifts just for my immediate family.

Etsy is actually a community of individual sellers. Similar to ebay, transactions happen via paypal and feedback is key to establishing the good from the bad. Sellers pay small fees to etsy for the privilege to sell on that site. And buyers, well we have the easy part. We just shop happily and stare anxiously at the mailbox for our packages to arrive.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I agree with you! I LOVE etsy as well and always look there first for gifts. I also ordered a pretty camera strap for myself and my sister-in-law. You get quality handmade items for a fair price. Isn't it great?!

Unknown said...

My name is Rachel and I'm an Etsy-holic...

Supermom-In-Training said...

I am SOOO addicted to Etsy! I love how there are so many talented people out there selling the exact thing that I wish I could make!

Dara said...

Love etsy!!! So much fun!