Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bread Love

I love bread. I also love bargain shopping. How are those two things related? Elementary, my dears, I visited the Ms. Baird's outlet store for the first time today.

I've driven past it a million times, as it is very close to my house. I've told myself dozens of times I should stop in there and see what they have to offer. I finally did it, and boy was it a pleasant surprise!

I bought a loaf of Oroweat natural honey wheat bread for $1.09. The sell by date was Feb 25, but the bread stays good for several days after that. It's almost gone now anyway because I made grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone tonight. They had great looking hamburger buns, tortillas, english muffins, tons of items at deep discount. They had other items that were a day or two fresher for a slight discount. They also had a section of fresh items at regular price or slightly below grocery store prices.

Next time I host a cookout and need hot dog or hamburger buns I am so going to this outlet. It's perfect for buying products you plan to use quickly. Even using things at a normal pace with my family, I could save some money by shopping here. Especially since it is on the way to just about everywhere we drive.

No comments: