Tuesday, June 29, 2010

catching up

I just got back from polishing off 2 platefuls of wonderful Vietnamese food at this great buffet downtown called Vietnam's. While I digest, I figured I'd post a little news about the kiddos.
First, I took some pictures of an amazingly detailed picture Nate drew last week. I was impressed that he spent so much time and energy creating this masterpiece.


I know I've said it before, but I have never seen a child draw quite like Nate. He has this unique style that I find so intriguing. He loves color, pattern, detail, repetition, and intricacy.

Last weekend, good friends of ours brought over a cool gift for the kids. This couple is like a second set of grandparents for our little ones. They surprised us with this construction ride on toy they found. The boys love it. It's really fun to play with.


And Ava got a special book from this sweet couple that is right up her alley. It's full of tips and prompts for creative writing. She's barely put it down for several days now. She has been churning out stories and filling up notebooks with her creative writing. I am proud of her.

No comments: