Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School and Other Adventures

Those two cuties headed off to school this morning. Second grade and Kindergarten. I can't believe Nate is in school now with big sister. But I didn't even come close to tears when I dropped him off today. Maybe it's because I know he is so ready and happy to be there. And a bunch of Ava's sweet friends greeted her with hugs at the classroom door. I bet they are having the time of their lives today!

I wasn't sure if Lucas would be too sad to be stuck at home with me, so we met friends at Chuck E. Cheese for some party time! People, in my 8 years of having children, I have somehow avoided ever stepping into a Chuck E. Cheese. I know you are wondering how it's possible, but I assure you it's the truth. I vaguely knew the place involved pizza and games, but I had no idea what to expect. Turns out I loved it there and so did Lucas! It might have been because we literally had the place to ourselves. Karen and I and our two three year olds were the only ones there for about a solid two hours.
Is this not the cutest drawing ever? All it takes is a token. A token to create memories that last a lifetime. They should get me to start writing their commercials.
And of course, Karen and I had to pose as well. What a fun morning.

I think I probably needed the morning out more than Lucas. I'd probably be sitting at home wondering every second what Ava and Nate were doing. Now it's getting close to time to pick them up and hear all about their first day of school.

1 comment:

belinda said...

seems like we were just going to school yesterday - can't believe it's been a year and here they go again! i've never been much of a fan of Chuck E. Cheese. of course my kids are old (30 & 33), but "way back then," the pizza was really bad. and you can make a house payment for what they want to spend in tokens and still get a lousy one. these drawings are something new though! these look like fun!