Friday, August 20, 2010

The Strand

Being the book lover that I am, I had to visit The Strand in New York. It's a famously huge (it claims 18 miles of books) independently owned book store. I enjoyed browsing the place, and we bought two books there. The first is one I had seen before that looked interesting to me because it is a memoir written by a guy who trained for/ran the New York Marathon. He happens to also be a writer and his book What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is a collection of his thoughts about running and life in general. I haven't started it yet, but it's pretty thin. I'll try to report back if it's any good or not.


The second book is a beautifully illustrated book about New York that we brought home to the kids. I love buying the kids a book of some kind about the places I visit on vacation without them. I hope that isn't cruel. I don't mean it in a "look what you missed out on" kind of way! I want to share the place with them and find these kinds of books to be helpful.

No comments: