Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Forgotten

This is so embarrassing.

We always let Ava stay up reading or playing in her room for an hour or so when the boys go to bed. Even after the extra waking time, she still has trouble falling asleep most nights. Last night, we sent her to her room as usual at bedtime, then proceeded to visit with our friends who were spending their last night at our house. Around 10 all the adults went on to bed (our friends had a 7:00 am flight today!) I was laying in bed, having a hard time sleeping when suddenly I thought of Ava and could not recall anyone ever going in to tell her lights out and tuck her in. I glanced at the clock. It was 11:00 pm. I thought surely Cody did it, but I had a lingering doubt, so i finally got up just to check. As I walked toward her room, I could see, with a sinking feeling, the light from under her door. I heard humming. I found her sitting in her floor, humming and sorting through some magazines, completely oblivious to the fact that every other person in the house was in bed. I have no idea how late she would have stayed up had I not happened to think of her, but with her track record of insomnia it could conceivably have been all night! I felt so bad that we had forgotten all about tucking her in for the night.

1 comment:

Lauren C. said...

Too funny!!