(If you did know any of these, you must know me really well.)
1. One of my most favorite things to do is go to the batting cage. I hardly ever do it, but when I do I love it. I could hit baseballs all day long. Nothing beats that feeling when the bat connects with the ball, and I'm actually pretty good at it. I'm almost certain Lucas gets his baseball skills from me. (That kid has been able to hit a pitched ball since age 2.)
2. In college, I became fascinated with handwriting analysis. I read tons of books on the subject, practiced frequently, and considered attending a school to master the technique and build a career in analysis. (Then I opted to be an elementary music teacher instead, and that was not a job I enjoyed much. Wah-wah.)
3. Before Ava was born, I made lots and lots of quilts. I quilted all the time. I was in sewing groups, and addicted to fabric. Since Ava was born, I have made zero quilts. But, I did make her second Easter dress.
4. I wrongly predicted the gender of all three of my children. But, they were all three born on a Thursday which was a streak that required a lot of skill. So I think that makes up for it.
5. If Lucas had been a girl, his name would have been Lyla. (It actually was Lyla during the last month or so of my pregnancy when I secretly talked to him by name, before I found out I was wrong yet again.)
6. I read the first four Harry Potter books (the only ones that were published at the time) in less than a week.
7. I've needed a root canal for about a year and a half, but I'm too afraid to get it done. I guess there will come a day when it hurts so badly, I will willingly face my fear. That day has not come.
8. I briefly became fascinated with smoking right around age 18. I would buy cigarettes from those free standing machines they used to have in bars/restaurants. I didn't like it much, but I thought it made me look cool. Thankfully, I didn't become addicted, and that phase passed quickly.
9. I can't do a cartwheel. And forget the splits. I'm not an agile person. I've finally accepted that about myself and made peace with it.
10. Cody and I had our first kiss in Hyde Park, London. And I initiated it.