Monday, April 23, 2012

On My Reading List

a few things I can't wait to read...

Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West by Blaine Harden.  I'll forgive the super long title because I think this is going to be a compelling story.

Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill.  It's not a "tell-all" book, it's an intimate look into lives and an era in which I am extremely interested.

What Color is Your Parachute? by Richard Bolles.  I need to figure out what I enjoy doing and how to navigate my upcoming "Career change" in August when all my kids will be in school full time.

The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan.  Reminiscent of Hitchcock's movie, this looks like a great thriller.

The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka.  Story of Japanese "picture brides" who came to America a century ago.

Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life Death and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity by Katherine Boo.  The author spent 3 years researching an Indian slum for this eye-opening book.

What's on your reading list?

1 comment:

Erin said...

What you don't have 50 shades of gray on your list!!?!! I'm Shocked!! :-7