Monday, July 2, 2012

Brandy and Me

Meet Brandy.  She's one of my best friends.


She and I go waaaay back.  We were college roommates back in the last century.  It's kind of interesting how we came to be roommates.  Apparently, she and I were both working our irresistible magic, but across the ocean from each other.  I was busy capturing Cody's attention while we were on a semester abroad with 40 other students in London.  Brandy was back in Arkansas charming Phillip (Cody's best friend.)  I've heard that when Cody and Phillip first talked after that semester they both said the same thing, "You've got to meet this girl!"

Since Cody and Phillip were great friends, Brandy and I became friends, too.  By the time we roomed together, Cody had transferred schools.  So Brandy was kind enough to remind me to hang up the phone every once and a while and live a little.  And I tried to remind her to stop making out with Phillip so much and get her homework done.

One of the wonderful things about my friendship with Brandy is that no matter how much time has passed since the last time we saw each other, we pick up and visit effortlessly.  She is a true "forever friend" in the sense that our relationship is there and strong even through periods of absence.  And when I do get to spend time with her, I resolve to spend more time with her.  I'm already scheming about a trip for me and the kids to visit Tennessee.

Brandy, thanks for coming to see us this weekend!  It was so good to see you and your sweet boys.  And thank you for being a constant friend throughout an ever-changing life.  You are so dear to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww...I feel the same way and I hope you do plan that trip here soon! We had a great time with you and your family. Too bad we don't live closer, I think our kids would be really good friends too. Phillip has enjoyed emailing Ava. Thank you again for taking care of us! -Brandy