Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipe Break: Grilled Corn Salad

We interrupt this travel log for a delicious recipe I found in Bon Appetite magazine and tweaked to make my own tonight.
Grilled Corn Salad

It called for grilling the ears of corn on a charcoal grill but it's Thursday and I've got a jewelry party to get to, so that wasn't happening.  It didn't call for eggplant, but I have four million growing on the vine and am always on the lookout for where I can toss one into a recipe.

Here's my version:

Take 3 unhusked ears of corn and one large eggplant that is sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds and slather them all with vegetable oil.
Place them on a foil lined baking sheet and broil on high carefully turning or removing from oven as they brown.  The eggplant will finish first.
After it all cools, cut eggplant into chunks, cut the kernels off the corn cobs.

Place that in a bowl along with some halved cherry tomatoes, about 1/4 of a red onion sliced thin, the juice of 2 limes, salt and pepper.  Add some torn basil and toss gently.

Oh.  Yum.  That is so good.  And easy!

No comments: