Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Missing! No, just in the closet.

These stinkers.  I went to check on them last night at 10:30 and their beds were empty.  I had a moment of terrifying panic.  Where in the world could they be?  I turned, heart-pounding, to find them both curled up sound asleep in the closet.  It was fully bright in there, the floor hard, and they were dead to the world.  Good freaking grief.  Then I had to decide if I would let them sleep there all night or try to move them to their beds.


I figured I better move them, and I regretted it because it was not easy.  They were so sound asleep I could barely rouse them enough to get them off the floor.  Neither of them fully woke up as I half dragged, half carried them to their beds.  Nate was actually trying to pick up something from the floor over and over...something only he could see in his dream-world.

I was laughing at the absurdity of it, and irritated that they got out of bed all at the same time.  Ahhh, the joy of raising boys.  They keep me on my toes.

1 comment:

Carol said...

so glad you took a picture! that is something Cody and Cord did not do--at least that I know of. love that they took their quilts with them! I'm sure blankies were underneath them.