Saturday, May 25, 2013

Reverse Applique Shirt

We spent all morning cleaning the house.  We were tired, but happy with our clean rooms at noon.  As we ate lunch Ava wondered out loud how she might spend the afternoon.  Cody and the boys planned to work on the fence outside.  After some discussion, she and I agreed it would be a great time for the two of us to do some crafting.

I recalled something I pinned on Pinterest like a year ago.  It was a tutorial on reverse applique for t-shirts.  I also remembered that I have a purple t-shirt Ava's size I had picked up at the dollar store.  And, I knew I had lots of fabric scraps in a tub in the attic.  We gathered all the materials, and Ava started brainstorming about what to put on her shirt.

She really liked the Texas shape we saw on the tutorial webpage.  She also wanted to add a boot.  It was easy to find outlines on the Internet, print them off, and trace them onto fusible craft interfacing.





We thought her shirt turned out so cute that we decided to make another one for a friend of hers.  We hit the dollar store for another shirt and got busy.


I could explain how we sewed everything, but really this tutorial is awesome and easy to follow.  It was a great way to spend the afternoon with my sweet girl!

No comments: