Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I got to make my own Mother's Day gift this year, with the help of two small hands and one tiny foot from my three kiddos. A couple of weeks ago I found out there is a "paint your own pottery" place near our house. (Quiggly's Clayhouse) So, I went and chose a large platter and started painting the background blue. Cody brought the kids about 20 minutes later and we got their prints on the plate. Then he took the kids home and I spent an hour or so finishing up my artwork. A week later I got to pick up this fabulous plate and now it's proudly displayed in the kitchen. I love it! I'm going to cherish this, since it captures a special moment in time with these adorable little hand and foot prints.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That looks great! I am very impressed with your artwork...though, I shouldn't be when I think about your cakes! Glad you have a special memory!

Lynn Leaming said...

What a sweet plate and a great memory! I have seen Quiggley's myself and wondered what kind of things they had. I'll have to go in sometime and look.

Quad Squad! said...

What a beautiful and special plate! I know you will cherish until Lucas knocks it into the floor while trying to steal cookies from the cookie jar as you struggle to get gum out of Ava's hair and yell at Nate for putting it there in the first place...or is that my future? Ha ha!