Saturday, January 10, 2009

If You Don't Want to Cry...

then don't read this post.
Seriously.

Ava and I are going to my sister-in-law's baby shower tomorrow afternoon. Can I just say one more time how overjoyed I am at the prospect of being an Aunt?! Anyway, I let Ava get a present together for her soon-to-be-born cousin so she could enjoy giving a gift to Aunt Lauren at the shower. We put a few things into a bag and then I asked Ava to go make a card for Aunt Lauren and the baby. A few minutes later Ava came skipping into the room holding a paper. She had drawn a nice picture on one side- rainbow hearts to be exact. On the other side she had written one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Ever.

Wishes come true when a baby's life comes to a land of loving moms and dads.

Cody and I just looked at each other with a sense of wonder as she read her words to us. And then the room seemed to get fuzzy as a few tears formed in my eyes. I love these kind of moments. I love it when my children knock me off my feet with something completely unexpected that fills my heart until I think it will overflow.

4 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

I think you need to submit this to Halmark :) It is better than most of their cards. God has something special in mind for Ava!

Unknown said...

THAT is the most precious (and wise)thing I've heard! Way to go Ava!

Quad Squad! said...

Wow, I'm blown away! The tears are totally worth it!

Christina said...

Wow - that's so sweet. Ava's such a smart little girl.