1. She talks constantly. This is impressive, because I can't carry on a conversation while running to save my life. This girl doesn't let a little cardio get in the way of telling a good story, and it sure does make the workout go by quickly.
2. She maintains the perfect balance of respecting my limits while encouraging me to press forward. It's so much easier to keep going when she is by my side.
3. She got me a present! I don't know what it is yet, but I know I'm going to love it. It's those small perks that keep my excitement level up about running.
4. She brings the tunes. She has an armband to carry her phone as it plays music. And, she has good music. That is very important.
5. I probably would skip workouts if I didn't have a person holding me accountable. It's not fun to run alone, so just her presence is making me run more often.
6. We're planning to enter a 5K together. I am positive I would never, ever do that by myself. In fact, I probably have no business entering one even alongside a friend. But I am confident that Karen will not be among those pointing and laughing.
The good news is even if I never get any better at running, I have greatly enjoyed the time I've spent with Karen. I look forward to continuing our exercise routine. I also hope that one day I'll be able to actually carry on my half of the conversation.