Friday, May 28, 2010

Chucking a Book

I love historical fiction. One of the best authors in that genre is Philippa Gregory. (The Other Boleyn Girl, and many other great titles.) But I picked up The White Queen, one of her most recent books, and am about to chuck it. I'm about a third of the way in and finding myself so bored. It's just not a good book. In the past, I've usually forced myself to finish books even when they aren't that great. But this morning I was thinking about all the books I have stacked up that I am anxious to read and it made me wonder why I need to continue reading one that isn't holding my interest.

So I am just going to stop reading it and move on to another book. The problem is choosing which one since I really do have a stack a mile high. And guess what book is on its way to me in the mail. My mom got me an autographed copy of Laura Bush's new memoir! Autographed! Isn't that too cool? I am so excited about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'd say chuck it too. Although, like you, I have a really strong impulse to finish every book I begin to read. But time is precious!