Tuesday, August 3, 2010

34 Today

In honor of my 34th birthday, here are 34 random facts about me that you may or may not know.

1. I graduated from high school at 16.
2. I graduated from college before I could legally drink.
3. I want to take guitar lessons.
4. I honeymooned in Snoqualmie Falls, Washington.
5. I was born in Berkeley, CA
6. I know how to make quilts.
7. I was teaching 3rd graders how to square dance the morning the twin towers fell.
8. I'm always secretly afraid any boat/plane I am on is going to sink/crash.
9. I hate cheese-flavored crackers of any kind.
10. I've never attended a prom.
11. I've been to Stonehenge.
12. If you ask me not to tell anyone, I really won't. Secrets are safe with me.
13. My favorite candy bar is Twix.
14. Sorry, Texas, but I have never seen a prettier sky than in Montana.
15. I might like to be a school librarian one day after all my kids are in school.
16. I want to learn how to two-step.
17. I only use the iron about twice a year.
18. I vacuum only slightly more frequently than I iron.
19. I've read a lot of good books, and a lot of crappy ones. I want to write one sometime.
20. My favorite hymn is Christ We Do All Adore Thee.
21. If I could choose anywhere to visit, it would be Italy.
22. I used to hate my hair but now I love it.
23. I have more close friendships right now than I have ever had in the past.
24. I do a lot of things I would rather not do out of a sense of responsibility. (example- teaching the baby Bible class at church)
25. I need to have a root canal, but I've been putting it off.
26. One of my favorite parts of the day is getting the mail.
27. I can't swing a golf club anywhere even close to how it should be done.
28. I prefer rainy days.
29. I refuse to pay full price for greeting cards and will only buy them at the dollar store where they are 2 for $1.
30. I want to have the house where my kids and their friends prefer to hang out because it's a welcoming, fun place to be.
31. I used to write diaries in high school and boy are they shallow.
32. A picture I drew in elementary school won me a cabbage patch doll.
33. I can remember being boy crazy even as young as Kindergarten.
34. I truly feel that I have become more beautiful as I have aged. I bet that is much better than feeling the other way around.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

happy birthday Becky!

Elaine said...

I love this list! I hope 34 is a fulfilling year :-)

Shari said...

Well, you left out a few things...
You are a great mom to three beautiful, smart children.
You are a great wife / companion to Cody.
You are great at cooking, baking, canning.
You are thoughtful of others and have a generous heart the size of Texas.
I could go on and on!
-shari

Quad Squad! said...

Great list! So fun! I hope to make mail pickup extra-special today. Sorry it didn't get there on time! Love you!

Jenn M said...

I love this list! Plus, you can scat sing! :)