Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Joy of Giving

I wasn't the only one who hit the nail on the head as far as gift giving was concerned this year. Ava's ear piercing was a home run, but so were the fake mustaches Ava gave Nate. He loved them! And the entire family enjoyed seeing him sporting a 'stash. There are still 5 left in the package and if it wouldn't annoy Nate too much, I'd really like to stick one on each of us and get a family photo taken. Yes, it would be cheesy, but it would probably make me giggle every time I looked at it for the rest of my life.


And will you look at this beautiful, amazing work of art my sister-in-law made for me? She used a photo I took of my three kids looking out into the ocean, did something to it through photoshop, then painstakingly cut it out to place on a background and frame. I just can't believe how gorgeous it is and how much it looks like them...their silhouettes are perfect! I will always treasure this!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great pic of Nate! Ha! And I absolutely love, love, love that silhouette. How amazing. Might have to copy that! It helps that your kids were adorably holding hands in the photo. That really makes it, I think.

Lauren C. said...

I've got to say, I'm pretty excited to be mentioned in your blog. I'm so glad you like the silhouette!