Friday, August 31, 2012

The Rainbow

This is so cool.

Last night was parent orientation at my preschool.  It was my very first time to talk with a group of parents about my goals and classroom procedures.  They sat there in the tiny classroom chairs and I wowed them by first singing a little ditty that I plan to teach to their children next week.

I figured if I started with a silly song it would break the ice and I wouldn't be so nervous.  Unfortunately my body didn't get the memo and continued to feel shaky as my heart beat out of control.  I did finally settle down and the meeting went really well.

But the cool part is after the meeting my friend Greta showed me the photos she took on her phone as she was rushing in for the parent meeting.



There was a huge rainbow in the sky over the preschool...and by the way, the preschool is appropriately named Rainbow!

I couldn't figure out how to get them side by side to show the full effect.  Greta couldn't even fit the enormous rainbow into one shot on her camera.  So she took these two.

Seeing this rainbow above the school, knowing it was there as I nervously met and talked with parents, was so reassuring to me.  I don't know about you, but one thing comes to mind quickly for me whenever I see a rainbow and that is God's promises.

I felt like this rainbow was a reminder to me that God cares about whatever fears or discomforts I feel because of starting a new job.  He cares about all the little children and families associated with this school.  He will provide what I need physically, emotionally, and spiritually so that I can be a blessing to them and that he will bless me through this new opportunity, too.  I felt a physical reminder that God's presence is working within me, refining me into the person he desires for me to be (it helps that I actually started listening to him a while back...ignoring him didn't work out so well.)

This rainbow really meant a lot to me as far as the imagery it brought to mind and the special significance of its timing and placement.  It really couldn't have been more clear or perfect.  And it's also so neat that my dear friend is the one who showed it to me...I would have missed out on it completely had it not been for her.  Just another piece of the puzzle that reminds me how important it is for us to encourage and lift up those around us and share the goodness of God.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Beautiful. Thanks for giving me te reminder as well. That just have me chills.